Friday, April 1, 2016

Spider plate update

I got word that the spider plate was ready for pickup the other day.  I met Thad Porkowski at Dynamic Edge Technology in Newnan, GA.  He and his brother's company made all the water jet fittings for our Jenny restoration.  Thad was kind enough to give me a tour of the place while I was there too.


I had Thad cut the side and top pieces as well.


The side pieces are welded onto the spider plate for strength.  Grabbing the ever-so-handy angle magnets, the side pieces were held firmly in place.






Lots of tack welds......


To limit distortion, only a section at a time was finish welded.





Eventually, the bead stretched from one side to the other.


You can see where we are going with this! 


More soon.  Enjoy.



Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment