Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Latest update

We finally got the jig table moved into the shop. Other airplanes have been built on this table, notable a Hatz biplane, but it was a strong, straight table and I didn't have to build a new one from scratch.

Now it was time to get to work.

First, the fabric was removed.  I wanted to save the side pieces for reference.  They clearly show the location of the control cable outlets, size of the markings, etc. This will come in handy when we apply new fabric.


Since the fuselage was uncovered, the damaged front section was cut off from the good, usable aft section.

I know it looks awful, but there are a lot of good parts in the front section.  Later this week, we will tackle its disassembly.

That's it for now.  Another update soon.



PS - Ay many of you know, I have been wanting to build a Nieuport 11 since....well....forever.  I found a group of guys in Switzerland who are doing so!  Check it out.  Their workmanship is phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment